Hydro-Dyne Engineering is looking for a Field Service Technician to provide professional service and support for customers by performing start-up, repairs and maintenance of equipment. Based in Clearwater, Florida, this position requires someone willing to learn and understand our products thoroughly and attain knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes. Candidate must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 75% of the time.
Hydro-Dyne designs and manufactures a highly specialized proprietary product line servicing municipal and industrial water treatment facilities around the world. We take great pride in our engineering capabilities, extensive manufacturing expertise, and our superior commitment to customer service. Our ever-increasing market share affords us the ability to provide new opportunities for exceptional people. The successful candidate will be articulate, professional and personable, with an aptitude for relating to customers ranging from treatment plant operators to consulting engineers, both on the phone and in the field.
- Installation – technical consultation and installation assistance to on-site personnel or contractor
- Start-up – Customer pre-consultation, site readiness preparation, start-up monitoring, assist and train
- Equipment maintenance – perform routine maintenance and adjustments on equipment
- Basic single and three phase electrical knowledge
- Repairs – repair machines and systems, determine correct tools required to perform job; maintain clean and high-quality work environment
- Troubleshooting – determine cause of failure and take appropriate action to remedy the problem, make product improvement recommendations, assist with R&D efforts
- Record Activity – create and maintain accurate service records, complete service trip reports, and record using appropriate software; i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Safety – comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures at all times
- Travel – up to 70% overnight within the U.S. and internationally (occasional weekends)
- Dependability – is consistently at work and on time, follows instruction, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Other responsibilities as required by Management
- Experience in wastewater field preferred
- Associate’s degree in technical field preferred
- 3 years of experience in a related field or a combination of education and experience
- “Hands on” experience with Electro-mechanical systems, pneumatics, AC/DC industrial controls including motor controls, PLCs, VFDs, HMI, servos, and machine wiring
- Excellent interpersonal skills required: skilled at written and oral communication, able to work constructively with customers and code enforcement officials, able to effectively explain function of equipment to customers
- Ability to read/update schematic drawings and BOMs
- Strong time management skills and organizational skills, travel preparation and planning
- Practical experience in troubleshooting and repair of mechanical equipment
- Must occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Able to sit for long periods on airplane or in vehicle, and climb up and down ladders and steps
- Valid U.S. passport or the ability to obtain one
- Travel and work is performed under all weather extremes, from wet to dry and hot to cold
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
In addition to base salary, candidate will be eligible for overtime pay and per diem when traveling. Company also offers comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental and vision insurance; paid holidays; two-week paid company vacation; paid time off; and 401(k) with employer match. Check out our website, hydro-dyne.com, to find out more about our company. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Send resume with salary history and requirements to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.