Hydro-Dyne Engineering is looking for a Mechanical Designer with a high level of creativity and flexibility to design and develop specific equipment layouts per customer purchase orders. Based in Clearwater, Florida, this hands-on position requires someone willing to learn and understand our products thoroughly and attain knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes. Candidate must work to ensure that all aspects of CAD design are created to fully meet the specifications set and stay within company standards.
Hydro-Dyne designs and manufactures a highly specialized proprietary product line servicing municipal and industrial water treatment facilities around the world. We take great pride in our engineering capabilities, extensive manufacturing expertise, and our superior commitment to customer service. Our ever-increasing market share affords us the ability to provide new opportunities for exceptional people. The successful candidate will be articulate, professional and personable, with an aptitude for relating to customers ranging from treatment plant operators to consulting engineers, both on the phone and in the field.
- Create the drawings/models necessary for prototyping and production of standard and custom products
- Modify drawings and models for engineering changes and cost improvements
- Support the timely manufacture of pre-production and prototype component samples
- Support manufacturing processes through required engineering documentation
- Ability to take a design from concept to completion with minimal assistance
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a desire to get things done
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Keeping up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry at a national and international level
- Coordinate/collaborate with engineers to create new and/or modify existing technical drawings that communicate engineering ideas, designs and information in support of engineering functions
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies & Qualifications
- AS degree in Mechanical Design Technology or 4+ years of working design experience in machine design
- Proven CAD experience on Auto Cad/Inventor
- Strong organizational skills, able to work well under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Experience and exposure to automated equipment and tooling
- Understanding of machining and fabricating processes
- Experience and clear knowledge in 2D and 3D software Auto Desk Inventor software and function
- Must enjoy challenges and meet planned deadlines
- Drafting/designing and engineering of large scale stainless steel mechanical equipment and systems
- Updating of standard drawings and designs
- Automating design for efficient production
- Create and maintain drafting standards
- High-quality deliverable output meeting first pass yield of 90%
- On-time delivery of engineering deliverables meeting due dates by 90%
In addition to base salary, company also offers comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance; paid holidays; two-week paid company vacation; accrued paid time off; and 401(k) with employer match. Check out our website, hydro-dyne.com, to find out more about our company.
To apply, send resume with salary history and requirements to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.