Hydro-Dyne Engineering is looking for a Production Planner/Scheduler based in Clearwater, Florida. This position is responsible for maintaining an optimal production schedule based on assigned job priorities, available manufacturing capabilities, and identifying supply-chain risk.
Hydro-Dyne designs and manufactures a highly specialized proprietary product line servicing municipal and industrial water treatment facilities around the world. We take great pride in our engineering capabilities, extensive manufacturing expertise, and our superior commitment to customer service. Our ever-increasing market share affords us the ability to provide new opportunities for exceptional people. The successful candidate will be articulate, professional and personable, with an aptitude for relating to customers ranging from treatment plant operators to consulting engineers, both on the phone and in the field.
- Establishes and maintains manufacturing/engineering production schedule delivery dates based upon priorities assigned by executives
- Convert engineering import of new equipment BOMs into full job build-outs in ERP by adding operation sequences
- Use established formulas and metrics to determine estimated time requirements for operations/sequences of non-standard parts
- Work with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Production leads to implement approved changes to operations/sequences
- Update operations/sequences on established methods for standard parts based on redline feedback from Production
- Works with Production, Engineering, and Purchasing as necessary to meet requirements in order to maintain production schedule
- Makes recommendations to ensure successful operation and efficiency
- Monitors all risks to the production schedule in real-time and presents information to management team in order to maintain production schedule
- Updates schedule and releases as necessary to the Shop Floor Entry system
- Prepares weekly production schedule summary
- Provides job operation time estimated versus actual reports to Management at the end of each job
- Provides other pre-defined reports for various metrics as directed
- Coordinates with Engineering and Production to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand
- Establishes and implements methods to support inventory forecasting and material control
- Coordinates with Quality, Engineering, and Production to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify any issues
Competencies & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate / Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems, purchasing, and expediting
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to operate data entry and PC-based systems within a multi-level program environment, ensuring current working knowledge
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain all types of simple assembly and material prints and BOMs
- Ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Ability to adapt to the work environment, deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, while promoting a positive outlook
In addition to base salary, company also offers comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance; paid holidays; two-week paid company vacation; accrued paid time off; and 401(k) with employer match. Check out our website, www.hydro-dyne.com, to find out more about our company. Check out our website, hydro-dyne.com, to find out more about our company.
To apply, send resume with salary history and requirements to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.