Dusky Shark Septage Receiving Station
protection for your process.
The Dusky Shark is renowned for eating just about anything, including garbage. And like this shark, our Dusky Shark Septage Receiving Equipment is highly capable of screening nearly any material out of a wastewater flow, including septage and grease trap material that other equipment cannot manage. The Dusky Shark Septage Receiving Equipment is highly efficient, reliable and easy to install.
- Best screen for septage: The only product on the market with a continuous belt design offloaded by water only
- Robust construction: Results in lowest lifecycle cost in the industry, least maintenance required, and lowest parts replacement
- Screen design: Optimal for offloading FOG and rags, with no operator intervention required
- Headquarters, manufacturing, parts and service based entirely in the USA
Septage Receiving Equipment
Through Flow Dusky Shark
- Proven design in hundreds of wastewater applications
- High volume screenings reduction with low maintenance
- Easily captures and removes FOG and rags
- Continuous belt design eliminates potential for jamming and removes large solids
- No submerged sprockets, bearings or bushings
Continuous Belt with Slotted Grid Design: The Optimal Design for Septage Applications
We offer opening options that include stainless steel links and perforated panels as well as UHMWPE perforated panels. Our Dusky Shark Septage Receiving Equipment can accommodate low-to-high flow rates and features opening sizes from 1mm to 75mm.
Stainless Steel Laced Links
Rectangular Openings from 3-9mm
The Laced Link-style grid is ideally suited for water and wastewater applications where fine screening is required with low headlosses.
- Able to withstand extremely harsh environments
- Strongest grid available
- Excellent unloading of screenings
- Highest open area percentage/very efficient
- Easily handles large flows
- Extremely high open area percentages resulting in lower grid velocities
- Smaller footprint
- Wide range of opening sizes
- Versatile and proven
- Excellent in the screening of FOG and stringy material
- Less efficient capture of hair and fibrous material
- Lower screening capture ratio
Theory of Operation
Flow passes through the screen while solids are intercepted and collected by the continuously moving grid. Solids larger than the openings in the screen’s grid are collected and form a mat, which is removed undisturbed from the flow resulting in extremely high solids capture and easy unloading.
A low profile bottom shoe and polypropylene brush seals the grid, preventing solids from bypassing under the screen. Flow is constantly presented a clean grid surface as solids are transported to the top of the screen. Screenings are discharged into screenings handling equipment.
Minimal friction is achieved through the use of Ultra High Molecular Weight Poly-Ethylene (UHMWPE) and stainless steel wear surfaces. Machined Delrin spacers precisely separate elements, eliminating metal-on-metal wear, reducing power and maintenance requirements and ultimately extending the life of the grid.
Wide stainless steel tracks ensure years of trouble-free operation. Stainless steel grid elements provide superior strength while reducing area and headlosses. Heavy gauge stainless steel links are not susceptible to breaking and damaging downstream equipment.
Level sensing devices can be connected to variable speed drives to automatically compensate for high solids loading during peak flows or low flow conditions by proportionally speeding or slowing the grid travel speed. This increases the capacity of the equipment when needed and reduces wear, thereby extending the life of the equipment.
- Guide Links create a continuous chain around edge of selected grid
- Formed stainless steel plate creates a labyrinth seal with Guide Link slot
- Fully adjustable and removable for inspection
- Continuously sealed for entire submerged grid path
- Slotted stainless steel hook links separated by Delrin spacers
- Links support panels every 3” (75mm)
- Panels are closely held against spacers
- No neoprene to erode or fall off
- No hinge to loosen or stretch
- Simple in-situ replacement
Patented direct drives efficiently power the screen. Stainless steel sprockets support and pull the black UHMWPE Guide Links, resulting in little-to-no friction and long wear. Most importantly, no part of the drive touches the grid. Therefore, a bent grid element will not be compounded into a disabled screen.
- Solid stainless steel sprockets and drive shaft
- Lifts and supports grid
- Minimum four lugs engaged per sprocket
- Adjusts to tension grid to extend wear life of screen
- Grid does not touch drive or unloading mechanism
- Low friction guide links
- Fractional hp and kW requirements
- Only two grease fittings per screen
- Direct drive uses no chains or sprockets
Screening Handling At-A-Glance
- Collect and convey screenings for disposal
- Returns organics and wash water to channel
- Screenings meet strict landfill requirements
- Compactors reduce disposal weight and volume
- Bagging units can contain odor
- Agitation can be introduced for more thorough cleaning
- Can be designed as integral and external models
- Shafted and shaftless screw flights
- Extremely thorough washing removes virtually all fecal material and produces “clean” and compacted screenings for disposal
- High capture of inorganic solids reduces plant operating costs and improves sludge quality
- Organic material returned to plant for biologic treatment
Septage Receiving Equipment Options
- T304, T316 and specialty stainless steel construction
- 60-90 degree angle options
- Rake spacing increments of 16” (400mm) beginning at 32” (812mm)
- Cold weather/freeze protection
- Level sensing, monitoring and billing controls
- Chopper pump
- Electric, hydraulic or explosion-proof drives
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Do you have any questions or would you like more information? We’d be happy to hear from you.