Sawshark Filter Stepper Screen
with dry unloading and moderate
screening capture requirements.
Ideal for small flow open channel flows with dry unloading and moderate screening capture requirements.
- Low headloss, step screen
Grid Opening Range
- 3mm to 9mm
- 1 mgd (5 L/s) to 15 mgd (650+ L/s)
- Super Duplex
- High nickel stainless steels
- Low flow step-style screen design for smaller treatment plants
- Grid opening sizes range from 3mm to 9mm
- Dry unloading
Theory of Operation
Flow passes through the screen while solids are intercepted and collected by the static and dynamic elements of the grid. Through the upward stepping motion of the dynamic elements, the collected solids are transported to the top of the grid and positively discharged without brushes or water. Spacers on the dynamic grid control the opening size of the screen. Foot spacers are elongated to maintain a constant grid opening (3-9mm options), provide screen support and prohibit bypass.
The stepping motion continuously cleans the submerged grid, while the patented design eliminates bypass and carry-over. Particles and suspended solids are deposited on the face of the grid as the wastewater passes through.
- Chemical Processing
- Food & Beverage
- Meat and Poultry Processing
- Pulp and Paper
- Textile Mills
Screenings Handling Systems At-A-Glance
- Collect and convey screenings for disposal
- Returns organics and wash water to channel
- Screenings meet strict landfill requirements
- Compactors reduce disposal weight and volume
- Bagging units can contain odor
- Agitation can be introduced for more thorough cleaning
- Can be designed as integral and external models
- Shafted and shaftless screw flights
- Extremely thorough washing removes virtually all fecal material and produces “clean” and compacted screenings for disposal
- High capture of inorganic solids reduces plant operating costs and improves sludge quality
- Organic material returned to plant for biologic treatment