Senior R&D Engineer
Please note Mechanical Knowledge Assessment must be completed for further consideration.
Hydro-Dyne Engineering is looking for a Senior R&D Engineer with a high level of creativity and flexibility to engineer, design, model and draft new and existing equipment; and develop analyses and tools to support application of equipment designs. Based in Clearwater, Florida, this hands-on position requires someone willing to learn and understand our products thoroughly and attain knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes. Candidate must work to ensure that all aspects of CAD design are created to fully meet the specifications set and stay within company standards.
Hydro-Dyne Engineering designs and manufactures a highly specialized proprietary product line servicing municipal and industrial water treatment facilities around the world. We take great pride in our engineering capabilities, extensive manufacturing expertise, and our superior commitment to customer service. Our ever-increasing market share affords us the ability to provide new opportunities for exceptional people. The successful candidate will be articulate, professional and personable, with an aptitude for relating to customers ranging from treatment plant operators to consulting engineers, both on the phone and in the field.
Equipment Sizing– size equipment for performance and manufacturing efficiency based on provided constraints and make assumptions where necessary
- Screens including all standard models and with little input from management on custom
- Screening Handing equipment including compactors, conveyors, and sluices
- Grit Removal Equipment including grit traps and classifiers
- Tanks and support structures for grit processing and screening equipment
- Develop and maintain sizing programs with design and operation manuals to efficiently and effectively size equipment and present needed information to customers, both external and internal
- Installation performance- implement and maintain database of key performance characteristics for installations of interest
- Industry-monitor, organize, and distribute key design publications internally to assist in improvement or development of products or processes
- Competitors- work with Sales and Marketing to identify and understand design advantages of competitors
- Assist in generation of company testing reports including data analysis and recommendations and conclusions
- Assist in generation of studies and whitepapers as identified by management
- Develop testing programs
- Participate, lead, and help manage testing
- Function as key member of team consisting of Sales, Service, Design Engineering, and Production to develop and bring to market new products and improvements of existing equipment.
- Electro-mechanical equipment design development Developing and Implementing Engineering Design Standards
Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Engineering discipline. (Master’s degree a plus)
- 10 years engineering experience in fluid dynamics/hydrodynamics/hydrology, structural analysis, statistical analysis, and machine design
- Professional Engineers License in FL preferred
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD – minimum 10 year experience
- Proficiency in Inventor (2012 Version or newer) or SolidWorks or Pro E or AutoCAD 3D – minimum 1 year experience in any of these applications
- Expert in MS Excel
- 3-5 years’ experience in FEA and CFD
- Must be familiar with machinery elements, drawings, and details · Extreme attention to detail, documentation, and organization Ability to coordinate and communicate well with end users, consulting engineers, internal engineers, service technicians, and manufacturing team
In addition to base salary, company also offers comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance; paid holidays; two-week paid company vacation; accrued paid time off; and 401(k) with employer match. We do not offer relocation assistance. Check out our website to find out more about our company. To apply, email your resume to [email protected].
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Pay: Up to $90,000.00 per year