Wastewater Screen Service
On-site inspections, service contracts, extended warranties,
remanufacturing, replacement parts, options & upgrades.
As a leader in our industry, we are proud to offer design, manufacturing, and service all under one roof. Hydro-Dyne Engineering is the most capable and competent organization to service and maintain your equipment. We have been building and rebuilding screens and screening equipment since 1978 and have the experience and expertise to get the job done right.
On-site Inspections, Service Contracts & Extended Warranty
Screening, compacting and collecting equipment is vital to your process and the first line of defense for reducing maintenance throughout your plant. Although your equipment is designed to protect and built to perform for many years, the equipment will require regular inspection and maintenance to ensure efficient operation. We are pleased to offer individualized inspection and service options, as well as bi-annual, annual and multi-year service contracts tailored to meet your needs. We also offer an extended warranty plan that will extend your factory warranty to 3 or 5 years.
On-site Inspections & Service Contracts Include
- A field service technician on-site at your facility to perform all necessary inspections, adjustments and tests. Our field service technicians are full-time, factory-trained employees that also work on our factory floor.
- All technician expenses including: travel, meals and lodging.
- A laboratory oil analysis performed for each gear reducer, when needed, to assess the health of the equipment and reduce unnecessary down-time and maintenance costs.
- A comprehensive after-service summary report with detailed
- All work performed
- Control settings upon arrival and departure
- Flow and head loss measurements
- List of any recommended performance improvements
- Oil analysis (when needed)
- Description of any recommended repairs
- Schedule of recommended daily, weekly and monthly maintenance
Extended Warranty Plans
- Mirror Hydro-Dyne’s Factory Warranty extended out to 3 or 5 years.
- Factory warranty support available via telephone, email and on-site throughout the entire warranty period.
When should you consider getting your headworks equipment rebuilt?
After 5, 10, or 15 years of operation in the harsh conditions, your headworks equipment may present degraded performance because of normal wear and tear. Hydro-Dyne Engineering has a remanufacturing process that will extend the life of your equipment to help with growing populations, changes in flow characteristics, and meet new or stricter regulations.
Whether you are looking to optimize performance or extend the life of your Hydro-Dyne equipment, our remanufacturing process brings your equipment back to “like new” condition for a fraction of the cost of a new unit, retaining value already invested. Other benefits include:
- Extended Equipment Life. Remanufacturing extends the life of your equipment and returns it to top performance while reducing the need for maintenance.
- Lower Operating Costs. Maintaining equipment at peak performance with periodic inspection and preventive maintenance greatly reduces operating expenses.
- Minimized Downtime. Remanufacturing helps you avoid downtime for extensive maintenance and repairs. Plus, the time to rebuild screens is significantly less than manufacturing new screens.
- Built for Performance. Hydro-Dyne’s remanufacturing process is performed by certified and experienced technicians ensuring years of quality and performance.
- Extended Equipment Warranty. We stand behind our service by extending your equipment warranty by one year on all parts designed and manufactured by Hydro-Dyne.
Looking for service assistance? We’re here to help! Contact us.
A no-hassle seven-step remanufacturing process:
Upon arrival at our facility your screen will undergo an initial inspection to verify equipment and condition of screen.
Hydro-Dyne inspects and evaluates:
- Filter elements: Spacing and gauge
- Axles: Length and diameter
- Drive: Motor, gearbox, sprockets and chain
- Tracks: Wear noted and replacement evaluated
- Quantities of parts that need replacement
- Dimensions of all parts
After initial screen inspection, the remanufacturing process begins in multiple areas simultaneously. In order to complete your screen rebuild and return in the shortest possible time we begin manufacturing replacement parts and disassembling the screen.
After evaluation of the screen, we completely disassemble and thoroughly clean the screen. A parts tumbler is used to remove solids build-up and an acid wash is used to finish elements.
Disassembly and cleaning includes:
- Removal of motor and gearbox
- Removal of grid
- Steam cleaning and pressure washing of the entire surface of screen
- All pivot shafts, spacers, dogbones and damaged parts are discarded
- Elements that pass our inspection are put through further cleaning and inspection
Great care is taken in the evaluation and determination of which parts should be replaced during the remanufacture process. It is not worth jeopardizing your screen, and our reputation, to save a few dollars. Once replacement part quantities and dimensions are known, our machinists begin manufacturing axles, spacers and other parts.
All tracks are carefully checked for wear and cut out for replacement. Standard practice is to replace with a heavier 1/4″ stainless steel track custom cut and rolled for a precise fit.
Common causes to prematurely worn tracks include:
- High grit environment
- Improper adjustment
- Misadjustment of controls
- Running too tight or too loose
- Axles improperly sized by an outside manufacturer
Many of the screens that come back to us have drives that are still operational. Of these drives, most need work. While complete replacement of the motor and gearbox is an option, we also refurbish original equipment if we find them to be in good working order.
Components of this stage includes:
- Removal and inspection of the drive
- Bearing and seals are inspected
- Lubricants are replenished
- Refurbishment or replacement of the motor and gearbox
Refurbishment of the motor and gearbox includes:
- Inspection and testing
- Paint with a two-part epoxy primer
- Urethane paint coating for ultra-violet protection and prolonged life
At this stage the screen has been thoroughly cleaned and completely disassembled. Tracks have been removed and new tracks have been welded in place. The motor and gearbox have been refurbished or replaced. All replacement parts have been fabricated and the grid is laced with all new spacers, axles, dogbones, closure links, and hardware. After the grid is laced, the drive sprockets are aligned, inserted and the side panel is attached. The screen has been completely remanufactured and is ready for final adjustments and testing before shipping.
We take great pride in our remanufacturing efficiency, as it allows us ample time to make final adjustments while the screen is being tested. Each screen is run for hours to ensure the equipment is properly aligned and any issues have been addressed. Our extensive testing and fine tuning dramatically reduces on-site downtime.
Replacement Parts, Options and Upgrades
- We stock most fast-moving replacement parts, wear parts and consumables.
- We expedite ETO (engineered to order) parts through our customized system.
- We offer a large selection of optional equipment including: wash modules,
freeze protection, baggers, and rust inhibitors.
- We can upgrade your existing equipment to today’s state-of-the-art technology to increase reliability and efficiency.